Today is our birthday, and this is our 300th post!
- posted 300 happy, sad, funny, moving, or bizarre articles from the Korean internet;
- attracted over 11,000 comments from its own collection of weird and wonderful netizens;
- keenly followed the price and consumption of soju and instant noodles;
- covered sixteen Ladygates, five Mangates, and contributed to an online misogyny discussion in the South Korea press;
- accidentally started ‘Hollistergate‘, resulting in the ritual destruction of unfashionable t-shirts and hoodies;
- published a huge amount of amazing old photos;
- helped paved the way for indoBOOM, russiaSLAM, and japanCRUSH; and…
- been uncomfortably confused as a niche porn site during more than one polite exchange of business cards.
For those of you who like numbers:
- 850,929 individuals from over 200 countries and territories have visited us in the last 12 months. Most of you are in the US, South Korea, China, Canada or the UK; but more and more of you are coming from South East Asia and Northern Europe;
- 1392 of you subscribe to our RSS feed; and…
- 1764 of you Facebook stalk us, and another 1230 of you follow us on Twitter.
Our audience continues to grow, but we wouldn’t keep doing what we do were it not for the continued encouragement and support from our online and offline fans. Thank you!
Special thanks to our team of multinational translators and contributors, past and present: Alenka, Beth, Elouisa, Huw, Hyungju, Janice, James, Jay, Justin, Junhyung, Keiran, Kenneth, Nia, Noori, Raphael, Ryan, Steven and Yenni, not to mention our evil chinaSMACK overlords Fauna, Kai, and Thomas.
Keep spreading the good word, keep telling people about koreaBANG, and keep using our glossary to swear like a trooper and keep up with all the latest online Korean terms. Here’s to the next year!